- I value the well-being of my clients and treat them with respect, providing friendly, courteous service. I maintain a high level of skill and knowledge in order to deliver the most effective and thorough treatment.
- I value quality. In order to deliver the best service, I must limit the number of individuals I am willing to treat.
- I value integrity. I obey all laws and adhere to a stringent code of business conduct; preserving the privacy of clients and integrity of my practice. When I feel massage is not an appropriate treatment, I will promptly advise.
- I value education. As a member of the American Massage Therapy Association and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage I advance my knowledge and skills through continuing education.
- I value the availability of alternative and preventative health care. Therefore, I chose to locate my business within Westlake Chiropractic.
Cyndi’s Professional History
- I’ve been a member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) since graduating from The Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences in 1994.
- New York State Licensed, 1994
- Nationally Certified, 2005, #422735-00
- Certified in Virginia, 2005, #0019005006
- Reiki 1 Practitioner, September, 1995. Loving Touch Center. Usui Shiki Ryoho.
- Magnified Healing, October, 1995. Loving Touch Center. Usui Shiki Ryoho.
- Reiki 2 Practitioner, November 1995. Loving Touch Center. Usui Shiki Ryoho.
- Advanced Reiki Practitioner, January 1996. Loving Touch Center. Usui Shiki Ryoho.
- *note: I introduced Reiki as a treatment to Gurneys Inn Spa (Montauk, Long Island) in 1995 where many Reiki practitioners are now.
- Myofascial Mobilization Certification, September 1999. John Barnes, PT.
- Biotone Spa: Spa Body Treatments, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2005
- Food Addictions, Overeating and Mood Swings, February 18, 2010. Institute for Natural Resources.
- Anger Anxiety & Hypertension, August 18, 2010. Institute for Natural Resources.
- Reiki Master, October 30-31, 2012. The Cayce/Reilly School of Massotherapy
- Ethics. 6 hours. December 2012. Institute of Somatic Therapy
- Advanced Balance Reflexology. 30 hours. December 2012.
Continuing education courses at The Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences:
- Dance Injury- Deep Tissue Massage. Russ Beasley.
- Advanced Neck Work. Janine Strenta.
- How to Do a Full Body Massage Using Only Forearms and Elbows.